Nutty Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 4 dozen
2 oz. Earth Balance margarine
9 oz. creamy almond butter
5 oz. dark brown sugar
3 1/2 oz. granulated cane sugar
2 flax eggs (2 T. ground flax + 6 T. warm water)
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
6 oz. gluten free vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
9 oz. gluten free rolled oats (do not use quick cooking oats)
1. Prepare flax egg and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the Earth Balance, almond butter and sugars.
4. Add flax eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and spices, and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and oats until fully incorporated.
6. Drop by the tablespoon on the prepared baking sheets approximately 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how soft or crispy you like your cookies.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool on the backing sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.