Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 4 dozen
5 1/2 oz. gluten-free all-purpose flour
6 oz. sorghum flour
6 1/2 oz. cane sugar
1 oz. ground golden flax meal
1 1/4 oz. arrowroot
1 1/2 t. xanthan gum
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/8 t. cinnamon
14 T. coconut oil, melted
6 T. unsweetened applesauce
2 T. vanilla extract
1 c. semi-sweet (vegan) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture with a rubber spatula until a thick dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
4. Using a 1 T. cookie scoop, drop dough about 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets. Cookies will not spread while baking, so use the palm of your hand or a glass to flatten them. Bake for 12-14 minutes. (If you don’t want to flatten the cookies, you’ll need to bake them a couple of minutes longer.)
5. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wired rack to finish cooling.