Zucchine Ripiene con Gamberi all’Aglio (Zucchini Stuffed with Garlicky Shrimp)
Serves two to four
2 medium zucchini, halved
8 oz. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 T. olive oil
2 T. Earth Balance buttery spread
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Using a small teaspoon, scoop out seeds from zucchini halves, leaving about 1/3 inch zucchini all around. Blot zucchini dry and use finger tips to lightly coat flat edge of zucchini before placing cut-side down on baking sheets.
3. Bake zucchini for 20-30 minutes until softened slightly; zucchini should give a little when pressed, but pressing should not leave an indentation or pierce skin.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and Earth Balance. Once Earth Balance melts, add shrimp in a single layer and cook for one minute without moving them.
5. Add the garlic to the shrimp and cook for another minute before flipping shrimp over and cooking another 1-2 minutes until just cooked through. Remove to a bowl and cover.
6. Add the wine to the pan and boil until it is reduced by half and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Scrape up any browned bits in the pan with a wooden spoon as you are cooking. Add shrimp back to pan and toss to coat.
7. Spoon shrimp into zucchini boats and serve with gluten-free spaghetti or linguine tossed with olive oil.