Pasta with Sausage, Kale, and Cannelini Beans
1 T. olive oil
3 links (approx. 1 lb.) hot italian chicken sausage, casings removed
2-4 cloves garlic, minced (adjust to your preference)
2 t. basil
1/4 t. crushed red pepper
1 c. dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
1 bunch kale, stems removed, and leaves cut or torn in pieces
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg gluten free short pasta (I prefer Ancient Harvest garden pagodas)
1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Brown sausage approximately 2-3 minutes, breaking meat apart as it cooks. Meanwhile, begin preparing pasta according to package directions.
3 Stir garlic, basil, and red pepper into sausage and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add wine, stir, then add kale and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook sausage and kale mixture until wine is reduced by at least half, approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Add cannellini beans, cover, and reduce heat to low. Leave over low heat while pasta finishes cooking.
6. Once pasta is finished cooking, drain cooking liquid then toss pasta and sausage mixture.
7. Sprinkle with (dairy free) parmesan and serve immediately.