Crunchy Baked Pork Medallions
4 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2″ – 3/4″ thick, trimmed of fat, and cut in half
1 box (4.4 oz) Glutino vegetable crackers
1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 T. olive oil
2 T. grated (dairy-free) Parmesan
1/2 t dried thyme
Fresh ground black pepper
1/2 c. rice flour, divided
3 T. vegan mayonnaise
3 T. Dijon mustard
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350F. Dry chops thoroughly with paper towels.
2. Pulse crackers in food processor until coarsely ground, about eight 1-second pulses. Transfer crumbs to rimmed baking sheet and add shallot, garlic, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss until crumbs are evenly coated with oil. Bake until deep golden brown and dry, about 10 minutes, stirring twice during baking time. (Do not turn off oven.) Cool crumbs to room temperature, then toss with Parmesan and thyme and set aside.
3. Place 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in pie plate; whisk to combine.
4. In second pie plate, whisk mayonnaise and mustard until combined; add remaining 4 tablespoons flour and whisk until almost smooth, with pea-sized lumps remaining.
5. Increase oven temperature to 425F. Spray wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and place in rimmed baking sheet. Dredge 1 pork chop in flour mixture; shake off excess. Using tongs, coat with mayo mixture; let excess drip off. Coat all sides of chop with bread crumb mixture, pressing gently so that thick layer of crumbs adheres to chop. Transfer breaded chop to wire rack. Repeat with remaining 7 medallions.
6. Bake until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of chops registers 150 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes.