Strawberry and Tomato Salad
Serves two as a side or one as a main course
2-3 large plum tomatoes, sliced thinly
1 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 T. aged balsamic vinegar, divided
5 large strawberries, sliced
8 oz. pre-washed arugula
8 basil leaves, torn
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 large strawberry, sliced
toasted almond slices or slivers for garnish (optional)
1. Layer tomato slices in concentric circles on serving plate.
2. Whisk one teaspoon olive oil and one teaspoon vinegar with a fork. Drizzle over tomatoes.
3. Combine strawberry slices, arugula, and basil in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add remaining olive oil and toss well to coat. Then add remaining vinegar, sea salt and pepper, and toss once more.
5. Place arugula in mound on top in the center of the tomatoes. Garnish with remaining sliced strawberry and almonds.